Prometheus has been designed for operational monitoring in cloud- and non-cloud environments with a simple yet reliable setup. Use it to monitor your infrastructure and containers and to look inside your applications. All configuration is stored in configuration files. All gathered information is stored in a time series database to generate alerts and display Grafana dashboards.
Over the previous years I’ve given several talks and workshops. Somre are primarily focused at Java developers: Sometimes to teach the foundations of Grafana and Java application monitoring, sometimes about showing how load testing can work in a Microservice environment.
You can already take a peek preview at the slides on Speakerdeck.
One example project that combines Spring Boot and Prometheus is already online on GitHub.
But don’t miss out the opportunity to see the talk live: There will be live demos and free stickers!
- [en] Prometheus 101 - Getting You Started, Continuous Lifecycle London on 2019-05-15
- [de] Start Your Engines: White Box Monitoring nicht nur für Lasttests, mainXchange Würzburg on 2018-03-07
- [de] CloudNative Monitoring zum Anfassen - mit Prometheus und Grafana, Workshop at JavaLand 2018 on 2018-03-13..14
- [en] Start Your Engines: White Box Monitoring for Your Load Tests, microXchg Berlin 2018 on 2018-03-22..23
- [en] Start Your Engines: White Box Monitoring for Your Load Tests, Continuous Lifecycle London on 2018-05-16..18